The term solid surface material alludes to a class of manufactured structural building material that started in 1967. By the 1980s, solid surface material was in boundless use as a countertop and worktop material. Simple to create and maintain, solid surface ledges, worktops and countertops are a great decision for its many applications—they are more sturdy and appealing than most covers and significantly more affordable than common or composite stone. They are even lighter, easier to make, and much easier to install and repair than stone surface worktops. Acrylic solid surfaces are durable materials that can be easily installed and maintained well.
With the many aesthetics involved in interior design, solid surfaces grew into various styles, composites, and materials. While acrylics are more popular for their many uses, robust features, and design properties, Polyester is still used in some places. However, acrylics remain the best value for money in solid surface furnishings for your home or commercial space. In this article, we’re going to focus on two popular solid surfaces, Polyester vs Acrylic solid surfaces.
Let’s dive right in.
5 characteristics of Polyester solid surface worktops
- On the off chance that you need a serious shine finish, you might need to go with polyester. This material grants splendid tone and surface when sanded and cleaned.
- The polyester solid surface material is more fragile than acrylic. Notwithstanding, the greater part of the risk of breakage happens during transportation and creation, not customer use.
- Fabricators may have a more troublesome time guaranteeing a strong crease with polyester materials than with acrylic. Polyester necessitates that the closures be scraped so the glue can appropriately stick. While equipped, fabricators ought to have the option to do this, creasing now and again as it happens with polyester ledges.
- Polyester is a more affordable material than acrylic, so ledges regularly are somewhat more moderate.
- Essentially, polyester is a cheaper alternative to acrylic solid surfaces and thus is less durable than the latest line of acrylic worktops. However, they present a good option for quick fixes and installations that do not require heavy household activities.
6 characteristics of Acrylic solid surfaces
- Acrylic has less visual profundity than polyester. The surface has a level, matte completion.
- Displays more noteworthy pliable and flexural strength than polyester.
- If you need a lower shine, pick acrylic ledges. Acrylic flaunts its best side when cleaned to bring down shines.
- Creases are imperceptible and improbable to at any point come up short.
- Acrylic strong surfaces allow themselves more to thermoforming and can be adapted to more tight bends. Thus, acrylic offers more choices for fundamental sink/ledge/worktop items.
- Acrylics are less prone to blurring and staining from UV light.
With the latest advances in building materials and technology, acrylic solid surface worktops in commercial places are becoming more popular than ever. Their durability, resistance, and widespread use are mainly because they are easy to maintain, install and use regularly.
If you are looking for an acrylic solid surface, you can browse through the vast collection of splendid designs available on the Tranquil Global website. Click here to explore now.